In the U.S., we have one day to celebrate and give thanks. We have days for “special sales” — Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Now, we also have #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving. On Tuesday, December 2, charities, families, businesses, community centers and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity, to share and to invest.
#GivingTuesday celebrates the spirit of sharing and fosters a conversation about ways to invest and put personal philanthropy back into the giving season.
It’s a simple idea. Just find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to come together to give something more. Then tell everyone you can about how you are giving. Join us and be a part of a global celebration of a new tradition of generosity.
The success of #GivingTuesday depends on the collective efforts of all of us. We will prove that the holidays can be about both giving and giving back.
Message courtesy of the #GivingTuesday team!
What can you do?
- INVEST NOW in the end of hunger in honor of Giving Tuesday and spread the word about your investment on social media to encourage others to give!
- Shop with a purpose! From discounted Broadway tickets to giving to The Hunger Project when you make purchases Amazon.com, make your holiday shopping count!
- Give your status! Connect with The Hunger Project on Facebook and Twitter and share the #Giving Tuesday message.
- Sample Tweet: I just invested in @HungerProject for #GivingTuesday! #Empowering men and women to end their own #hunger. Join me by giving now!
- Sample Facebook Post: I just invested in The Hunger Project, a global organization whose mission is to end hunger and poverty with sustainable, grassroots, women-centered strategies. Join me by investing in an organization that empowers men and women to end their own hunger.
- Learn more about #GivingTuesday