As the global community continues to adjust to the daily challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, we at The Hunger Project remain committed to slowing its spread and mitigating its impact.
The core tenets of our work are as relevant as ever. We continue to support the leadership and resilience of our community partners in the face of challenges, equipping them with reliable information and connecting them with needed services.
Since implementing operational and programmatic measures in late February 2020, our global staff and community leaders have:
- Distributed more than 36,000 public health posters across nearly 600 villages in national or local languages;
- Reached more than 3.6 million listeners with radio broadcasts on food security and public health;
- Made and distributed more than 231,000 cloth face masks;
- Distributed over 65,000 kg of hand sanitizer and almost 203,000 kg of soap;
- Organized THP WASH workshops with about 30,215 attendees;
- Installed more than 6,500 tippy tap hand-washing stations (mostly in Benin and Malawi); and
- distributed more than 207,000 food rations to struggling community members.
Learn more about our response to COVID-19:
Read how our communities stepped up to immediately respond to COVID-19.
Taking Hopeful Action
THP-India Country Director Rita Sarin reminds us there is no lockdown on hope.
Our Partners in Action
Browse up-to-date photos from our community-led response.
Our Global Community
Community leaders show extraordinary leadership in fighting COVID-19.
In February 2020, we took action to keep our international partners and staff safe.
Communities in each country where we work are adapting to new challenges.
Listen and Learn
Our investors and global staff gather to discuss our COVID-19 response.
Make change happen. Invest in people.
Get in touch
The Hunger Project
110 West 30th Street, 6th Floor,
New York, NY 10001
Join the conversation on social, and stay connected with the latest from our partners around the world.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive a concise update of latest news and events near you.