As the global community continues to adjust to the daily challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, we at The Hunger Project remain committed to slowing its spread and mitigating its impact.
The core tenets of The Hunger Project’s work are as relevant as ever. We continue to support the leadership and resilience of our community partners in the face of challenges, equipping them with reliable information and connecting them with needed services.
Since implementing operational and programmatic measures in late February 2020, THP’s global staff and community leaders have:
- Distributed almost 30,000 public health posters across nearly 600 villages in national or local languages;
- Reached more than 3.5 million listeners with radio broadcasts on food security and public health;
- Made and distributed more than 200,000 cloth face masks;
- Distributed over 52,000 kg of hand sanitizer;
- Organized THP WASH workshops with more than 30,000 attendees;
- Installed more than 5,700 tippy tap hand-washing stations (mostly in Benin and Malawi); and
- distributed more than 166,000 food rations to struggling community members.
Learn more about our response to COVID-19:
Our Response Statement
Read how our communities stepped up to immediately respond to COVID-19.
Taking Hopeful Action
THP-India Country Director Rita Sarin reminds us there is no lockdown on hope.
Our Partners in Action
See up-to-date photos from THP’s community-led response around the world.
Communities in each country where we work are adapting to new challenges.
Listen and Learn
THP’s investors and global staff gather to discuss our COVID-19 response.
Make change happen. Invest in people.
Get in touch
The Hunger Project
110 West 30th Street, 6th Floor,
New York, NY 10001
Join the conversation on social, and stay connected with the latest from our partners around the world.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive a concise update of latest news and events near you.