In 2013, The Hunger Project joined the world community in declaring that the end of chronic hunger is possible by the year 2030. With your support we look forward to making this a reality.
And we’re already kicking the year off to a great start. In January, respected industry activist and journalist Danielle Nierenberg named The Hunger Project on her list of Top 101 Organizations to Watch in 2014.
Keep the momentum going and get the word out about the issues you care about all year long!
- March 8 – International Women’s Day
- October 11 – International Day of the Girl
- October 16 – World Food Day
- October 18 – The Hunger Project’s Annual Fall Gala (See highlights from 2013!)
- November 25 – International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women
- December 1 – World AIDS Day
- December 10 – Human Rights Day
With each person who shares the message of one of these days of significance, one more person is made aware of our cause. With each newly aware person, one more rural community goes from obscurity to taking part in a global conversation. With each new conversation, we all take one step closer to a world of equality and empowerment for all.
This year, commit to helping us build this world and to supporting The Hunger Project’s critical programs to empower women and men in 19,000 villages around the world to end their own hunger.