Are you also a good communicator, financially-minded, detail oriented, and interested in the inner workings of a non-profit? The Hunger Project is seeking a Finance Intern to support the work of the Chief Financial Officer/Finance Department in THP’s New York-based Global Office.
Interns are expected to work a set schedule, approximately 20 hours per week, with flexibility for student schedules. The spring internship will last from January to May and the summer internship from July to September with a possibility for extension. It is possible, if successful, for the same intern to do both spring and summer internships.
The Intern will support the Finance Department with daily tasks. The Intern will perform analytical
assignments, gather and synthesize information, edit internal documents, strategize, and provide
administrative and functional finance support as needed. Other responsibilities may be assigned as
Profile and Qualifications
• Demonstrate an interest in development issues, particularly poverty, hunger and gender;
• Is or will graduate in a relevant field, such as finance, accounting, business, international affairs,
international development, economic development, or another related subject area;
• Have a desire to learn global finance and financial systems implementation;
• Is a problem solver who can work independently on projects as well as collaborate effectively as part of a team;
• Has excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities;
• Possess great analytical skills;
• Is proficient with Google Office and Microsoft Office Suite and possess superior skills in Excel
• French language skills are a plus.
What to expect
• To get a snapshot of what it would be like working with an international organization;
• To gain valuable experience as a financial analyst and with financial systems
• To develop the knowledge and skills employers seek in this competitive job market; and
• To take advantage of any in-house training courses available.
How to apply
Although THP Internships are unpaid they can satisfy university credit (if applicable). Applicants should submit a current résumé with a cover letter to the recruitment manager at email@example.com with the subject line “Finance Intern – Your Name”. Please include your availability (dates and days / hours per week).
Application Deadline: Opened until filled
Make change happen. Invest in people.
Get in touch
The Hunger Project
110 West 30th Street, 6th Floor,
New York, NY 10001
Join the conversation on social, and stay connected with the latest from our partners around the world.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to receive a concise update of latest news and events near you.